I want to help your knits stay in good shape! I am happy to provide the services below, in-person in Verdun, Montreal (or occasionally elsewhere in town), or by mail. For an estimate, please contact me and include as much information as you can about the nature of the repair or service needed.
If you have an active moth infestation, please treat your home aggressively and dry clean your knitwear before sending anything to me, as moth eggs and larvae are sneaky, and I don’t want your bugs!
- Moth holes
- Snagged stitches
- Worn elbows
- Socks darned
- Sewing on buttons
Alterations (for knits and/or wovens)
- Hems/cuffs shortened
- Buttons > zipper or zipper > buttons
- Long-sleeve > short-sleeve
- Seaming (sewing up)
- Knitting collars/button bands/cuffs
- Washing and blocking garments
- Blocking out lace shawls or garments
Rescuing Knitting Disasters!
- Have a knitting project that has gone haywire? I can help, either by Skype consultation or in person (in Montreal). Or, you can mail me your project, and I’ll get it back in good shape and send it back!
- Occasionally I am able to take on custom knitting projects. Because of my limited availability, I am seldom able to take on large projects or particularly intricate pieces. In the past, I have knitted Christmas stockings to replicate an heirloom destroyed by a family dog, or knitted and assembled the remaining pieces of an unfinished sweater, left behind by a beloved grandmother. Please contact me for rates and availability.
Use the Contact Form below to get in touch or to request an estimate: